Re: [NTLK] recycling of the newton logo

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Feb 12 2002 - 23:20:41 EST

Well, I'm not a lawyer (nor do I play one on the TV)
but I don't think that using the Newton Logo to
discuss's computer products, especially if it's Apple,
would constitute an infringement. At least, not as
much as the site that started this thread.
Ed
web/gadget guru
come and see my Newt on the web (well, mostly) at:
http://65.84.243.167

--- Chet Johns <tcjohns_at_home.com> wrote:

> If apple is looking for lawsuits...Our local paper
> has a computer column,
> mostly about PCs, although once a year they do
> discuss something apple mac
> related. Anyway, at the top of the column is, you
> guessed it, the full
> unaltered newton logo as if scanned in from the
> owner's manual. Is that
> considered journalistic freedom?
> - Chet
>

> >> But the question is, does simply making slight
> >> alterations protect from
> >> accusation of infringement??
> >>
> >> - Eric.

=====