Re: [NTLK] WARNING

From: Philip Katz (pkatt_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Feb 13 2002 - 22:11:41 EST

On 2/13/02 8:45 PM, "Rolf Brakvatne" <rbrak29_at_qwest.net> wrote:

> on 2/13/02 7:55 PM, Daniel Ho at hod_at_mac.com wrote:
>

>> I bought a full kit from them. While I feel that their choices for payment
>> and shipment methods needs some improvement, my e-mails to them have been
>> friendly and helpful.
>>
>> More to follow once I receive the unit, but I'm not counting on any
>> problems. Their rating on eBay seems quite high, and so far they haven't
>> given me any cause for concern.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Dan
>>

> I hope you are right Dan. I will also keep you posted as to my experience
> with the company and their Newtons.
>
> I do agree that their payment methods leave something to be desired --
> (Bidpay), where the seller pays to forward the money. Actually, they do take
> PayPal, at a 3% additional fee, which in my case, I should have taken.
>
> My 2100 with keyboard and cases should arrive early next week.
>
> RB
> <rbrak29_at_qwest.net>

I'm really shocked with all this bad talk about GEM. My newt was and is in
excellent condition. Every part. I have to defend them in saying that even
mine they said was sold as is and there wasn't a no doa on any of theirs.
While I agree with whoever is upset about their doa unit, they didn't
guarantee it. You should be able to send it back though, or at least that's
what the auctions say.