Re: [NTLK] Debating 32MB purchase

From: Woo Lee (vitcitylb_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Feb 14 2002 - 00:57:47 EST

Sorry to hear about your experiences, but I 'soft reset' at least ten =
times a week with the memory(32 meg.) and 56K pc modem inserted. Reset =
button, software reset and even 'system error' resets for the last six =
years and I've only lost three cards. Each time the card would give me an =
error that it was close to toast, usually (-10606) and (-10607). Then in =
about 1-3 days the card isn't recognized no matter what I try, then the =
long 'bus errors' pop-up, (231568039045), then the card becomes a coaster. =
 :-(
=2E..funny thing, the only way I've lost cards is NOT during/after resets =
but upon insertion; i.e. I use the card, release the card, re-insert, no =
joy...release card-stop-'reinsert card or info. is damaged' pops up-insert =
card-but no card slip not even in Extras Drawer. Next insertion the long =
bus error shows up and card is toast.
BTW, did you get these errors?