Re: [NTLK] AirPort on Newton *important*

From: Oliver Brose (oliver.brose_at_t-online.de)
Date: Thu Feb 14 2002 - 10:38:26 EST

Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 09:06:41 +0100
Subject: Re: [NTLK] AirPort on Newton *important*
From: Robert Benschop <rbenschop_at_mac.com>

> I can go into the Software Base Station option and select channel three, but
> where does one choose the Ad-Hoc mode ?

Ad-Hoc mode = computer to computer network, you can pick it from the
controlstrip.

> Jim mentioned that Airport should be chosen in the TCP/IP control Panel, but
> it won't let unless I choose an IP address and since the Newt doesn't have
> one AFAIK I seem to be stuck there as well, any ideas ?

I'm not sure wether you need TCP/IP anyway (to dock), just set AppleTalk to
AirPort for a start. I've not yet tried to get the Newt online via AirPort,
as I would have to fiddle with all the cables & drivers for the DSL, and it
would tack my iBook to the desk, but AFAIR some people here did exactly that
and got the Newt connected - or did I have too much coffee?

Oliver :)

--
Wenn Sie diese Nachricht lesen, dann hat TDSL am Erstellungsdatum zumindest
kurzzeitig funktioniert.