Re: [NTLK] itunes/newton problem - SOLVED

From: erntuco_at_yahoo.com
Date: Fri Feb 15 2002 - 13:31:16 EST

>> Does the word "Newton" appear on the left side of iTunes.
>> If not, it is a problem finding the plugin.
>> If it is found, then it is a connection problem. Is the USB adapter
>> configured as Serial 1 (i.e. Printer/Modem)? If not, use the iTunes Plugin
>> settings button to change it.
>>

>> Eric
>

> Ok, some great advice given so far. I upgraded to itunes version 2 and now
> itunes recognizes "newton". Then problem is when I try to transfer a file to
> it I get the error:
>
> There is not enough room on the media module "not connected" to copy all of
> the requested files.
>
> I have a 32mb memory card that has plenty of room on it. Any size file I try
> to transfer won't work. Why does it call my newton "not connected"?
>
> I am connected with Newton Connection Utilities using serial. My newton icon
> on itools is set up Serial 1(Printer/Modem), although I have indeed tried
> Serial 2 also.
>
> Any advice?
>
> Thanks,
> Mike

Ok, I figured it out. I had Newton Connection Utilites on my mac running
before I stared itunes and the dock. Just don't ever open Newton Connection
Utilites otherwise itunes will only recognize the device "newton" and not
your specific newt and its memory cards. I guess if I followed the
directions exactly I would have avoided all of this. I didn't make all of
these mistakes but I'll list them for others.

Lessons learned:
1. make sure your using itunes 2 not 1
2. make sure settings are set up serial on both itunes (serial 1) and dock
3. never open Newton Connection Utilities on your mac
4. open itunes and while its still opening open the dock on your newton and
connect.
5. itunes will then read your newton and any cards installed on it.

Thanks for everyones help.
Mike