Re: [NTLK] Amazing. I should have done this a long time ago...

From: Stephanie Maks (newton_at_maksystems.com)
Date: Fri Feb 15 2002 - 19:01:02 EST

It would be great to have the housing of an eMate with the brains of an
MP2100. Unfortunately, the screen connectors are different I think, so you
wouldn't be able to use the big eMate screen. And the 2100 doesn't have any
means to access the built-in keyboard, so that'd be out too.

More unfortunate was Apple's decision that 1 PCMCIA card was enough. I very
much doubt it could be reverse engineered to put a second card inside the
eMate.

Though if we could get schematics for the eMate, there are some other
possibilities as far as internal store.

-Stephanie

http://www.maksystems.com/newton/