Re: [NTLK] My Newt speed upgrade pages

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Feb 15 2002 - 22:41:29 EST

Well you know, I don't really know!
I do know that the IR will no longer communicate with
a non-accellerated Newt...but there has been
speculation on this list that you can still beam with
other newts that have been accellerated!
Bear in mind that I'm just a beginner on the hardware
side of the Newt. I rely on it too heavily to do
foolish things to it when I don't know if they will
work. The last think I want is a green corpse! But
since this worked on my main Newt, I'm going to speed
up my other Newt this weekend and then I will be able
to test it! If you need a more immediate answer, I
will again have to defer to either Stephanie or Mr
PCBMan for their experience in this. I really hope it
works because I use beaming to keep my NPDS server
updated with my latest information. If it can't accept
beams, then I'll have to figure out another solution!
Ed
web/gadget guru
come and see my Newt on the web (well, mostly) at:
http://65.84.243.167

--- David Orriss Jr <dave_at_davenet.net> wrote:

> Ed,
>
> This is *very* cool. Tell me tho - doesn't the IR
> stop working with this
> crystal installed? I'm interested in trying this.
> I used to refurbish old
> Atari game consoles so I think I'm up for this.. ;-)
>
> At 04:01 PM 2/14/2002 -0800, you wrote:
>
> >Hey people!
> >I threw up a quick and dirty page on my Newton
> speed
> >upgrade. http://newton.tek-ed.com/newtspeed
> >
> >Check them out and let me know if you have
> questions.
> >I'ld spend some more time on them, but right now if
> >don't get home and take my wife out for dinner, I'm
> in
> >big trouble! |-

=====
- The Powerpuff Girls -