Re: [NTLK] Newton with GPRS

From: Johannes Wolf (jwolf_at_xe.estec.esa.nl)
Date: Mon Feb 18 2002 - 04:06:18 EST

HSCSD stands for High Speed Communication Serial Data.
The main question is which standard is supported from your provider and what
is supported by your mobile.
I am in Europe (Netherlands), my phone (Nokia 6210) supports HSCSD up to
56kbps, but my provider does NOT.
So I am lost with hopeless slow 9.6 kbps instead.

In my opinion for the Newton it will make no difference which standard is
used as long as you use a phone with built in modem, like the 6210.
The interface between the newt and the phone is a serial one with the
appropriate speed, thats it.

Johannes