[NTLK] Netwave & DaynaComm older wireless install

From: Mark Rollins (mark_at_mrollins.com)
Date: Mon Feb 18 2002 - 11:18:52 EST

I'm trying to get an older wireless setup going. I'm just cheap, but I
also don't like to throw things out.

The basestation is a DaynaCOMM (now part of Intel) access point, which
accepts Dayna or Netwave Airsurfer (now part of Nortel) cards.

I am using the Netwave Airsurfer cards in the MP2100 with the following
drivers:
Netwave.pkg
PCMCIA Roamer.pkg

I have frozen other ethernet card drivers to avoid a conflict that kept
the Newton restarting.

Even though these were for the Dayna, they seem to recognize the Netwave
card. The Mac seems to see the basestation. Them yellow blinkin' lights
on each card's antenna go on and off. However, I can't seem to see any
sort of connection. As the manuals I have been able to find of course do
not mention Newton, (and little Mac) any help is appreciated. Whomever
helps me will reveive two (!) of the PCMCIA wireless cards free.