Re: [NTLK] MP 130 batteries

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Feb 19 2002 - 02:00:56 EST

You can use and recharge NiCAD batteries inside your
Newt 120 and 130! It's simple. The first thing you
need to do is tell your Newt that you're using
rechargeable batteries! You do this by pushing a
little button. Remove the batteries and you will
notice a square button between the 1st and 2nd
battery. Fashion a wedge out of some stiff but
flexible item (I used a folded up bit of cardboard)
Place ontop of the button so that the two ends wedge
themselves under the 1st and second battery, thereby
using the batteries to keep the button depressed (The
depression isn't permanent...a few sessions with a
shrink will fix your Newt right up...humor folks,
you're allowed to laugh)
It is important though that you do not put in
non-rechargeables into this now modified Newt! If you
do that would be bad...mmm-kay?
Ed
web/gadget guru
come and see my Newt on the web (well, mostly) at:
http://65.84.243.167

--- Mike <mrmac_at_mac.com> wrote:

> Question... Can you charge rechargable batteries in
> the MP 130? (not
> the original battery packs, but regular single
> nicads or nimh's)?
>
> Mike
> --

=====