Re: [NTLK] Another Battery Miracle!

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Feb 20 2002 - 01:51:43 EST

on 2/19/02 9:51 AM, Johannes Wolf at jwolf_at_xe.estec.esa.nl wrote:

> If you run the complete cycle a few times there are good chances to get back
> to the full battery capacity.
> No miracle, no mystery.

So you say, but after reading the original post, I tried this with my
"home-brew" 130 battery pack that has been dead since last spring, and it
worked! I now have it in my Newton, and it seems to be going strong! I
thought the pack was dead, dead, dead. Thanks to that post, this mystery is
no longer a mystery! I'm glad he "discovered" this and posted it. I'm also
glad for your explanation. I will pay closer attention to my batteries now.
For the record, just Monday, I finally bought another set of nicads to
replace the "dead" ones. I now have two sets. One to charge in my base, and
another for use in the Newton, and I'm happy. :-)

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland