[NTLK] more on Megahertz XJ2144 problem

From: Alex (admeddemda_at_f-m.fm)
Date: Wed Feb 20 2002 - 14:29:36 EST

Ok. I tried first setting the modem prefs to "use left pc card" (I
assume that's the 'lower' slot). No luck. Then, I downloaded the
megahertz driver from the url posted onlist (thanks!). Installed it,
and set modem prefs to use 'XJ2144'. Again, no luck.

I'm stumped. The connection slip goes as far as "loading the PPP
driver" and then fails, with an error '-16022'

The driver (apparently the right one) made no difference. Bf I was
getting the exact same error.

Not sure what to try next.