Re: [NTLK] Poll: who owns a spare?

From: Grant [Still Crazy After] Hutchinson (grant_at_splorp.com)
Date: Wed Feb 20 2002 - 15:43:32 EST

In a previous message, Bradford Schmidt typed vigorously:

>How many of you guys are nervous enough about your Newt crapping out and
>not being able to get another that you own a spare? And I don't mean a
>second (I have a 130 as well as my 2000 and 2100) I mean an extra one of
>the same type you use normally that sits safely in a box, surrounded by
>foam, in a climate controlled room, under guard? (I'm actually considering
>getting another 2100).

In a hopeless attempt to catch up to Woo, I have 8 spare 2100's. Of
those, three are in near mint condition and are purely for backup and
perhaps persuading users of other platforms. The other five are fairly
beat up and worn, although still functional, and will probably be used as
spare part donors and hardware experimentation. I have quite enjoyed
being able to take advantage of the recent drop in Newton prices.

g.

Grant Hutchinson Interface Considerations & Toys

Live video served fresh since 1996. http://www.splorp.com/cam/
Now fortified with daily ramblings. http://www.splorp.com/blog/
Newton. It's the Palm with a brain. http://www.splorp.com/newton/