[NTLK] Best way to secure information?

From: Ermin Mistica (angel316_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Feb 20 2002 - 23:56:44 EST

Fellow Newtonians,

I just had the biggest scare in a long time. I was in the city today and
someone bumped into me thereby making me drop my bag which had my precious
MP 2100 in it. Upon examining it, it appeared to be okay. Later on this
evening, it reset itself. Usually when resetting it just goes through the
whole shebang without any problems but THIS time it performed a Hard Reset
without any prompting from me and erased EVERYTHING on the internal store
without even asking!!! Luckily (Je..., Ma.., Jo....) I had backed up my
internal store last night to the card!!! I was like No Way!!!

So I performed a Full Restore of the Internal stuff. Everything's fine
except to the minute changes I made today to my date book and it then did it
again!!! I'm like this...this is so not funny. Why is this happening to me
and I leave for a weekend trip to Virginia tomorrow. I'm gonna need my MP
2100 in his finest form and he has a concussion!!!

When it resets, it then boots to the setup screen. He's not remembering
anything. He has partial anmesia. What can I do?

After a previous incident where I lost information before, not to this
extent, though, I've considered going back to my MP 130 (none to soon as I
have just won one). It was a little more reliable as far as the basics and
software and all that. But the only thing is can an MP 130 handle a 32MB
Card? Should I even consider going back to an MP 130?

Should I save all my information on the internal store to be backed up or
better save it on the PC Card? What works better for all of you? If you
don't want to inundate the list, email me off list., I would really
appreciate some words of wisdom here.

Thank you,
Ermin :(

"If love was a choice, who would ever choose such exquisite pain?"
-Tuptim, Anna and the King