Re: [NTLK] SER-001 rev B

From: IMNewtMan_at_aol.com
Date: Thu Feb 21 2002 - 18:44:17 EST

David,
Thanks. I really just wanted to find out if it was possible to have a SER-001
card made that would give a audio out port in the same location where you
currently put the standard Apple serial port on your current card. Then you
could have audio out (which we don't currently have access to on the Newton)
and still have the interconnect port for serial communications (which of
course, we currently have on the Newt). I know that this would mean the
continued use of the dreaded dongle, but it would give me access to a new
port.

Anyway, from what you told me, if you or someone else produced a card with
audio-out, you would not lose the interconnect port.

Whew! :-)
Tom