Re: [NTLK] [OT-ish] Mac printer

From: Johannes Wolf (jwolf_at_xe.estec.esa.nl)
Date: Fri Feb 22 2002 - 02:54:37 EST

Could you please explain a bit more how your printer was/is connected to
your Mac?
There is AppleTalk via LocalTalk over the printer port, or a pure serial
connection, or something else I do not know.
What you could try is the Desktop Printer utility, setting up a new desktop
printer and select the right connection.
If you installed NCU, some extensions have been installed which may cause
problems.
For sure you can deactivate the NCU related AppleScript extensions.
What you cannot is: to use AppleTalk via Ethernet and Printer port at the
same time.
So you might need to think about how to connect your local printer to
Ethernet ...

Johannes