Re: [NTLK] Hi everyone

From: André Baron (abaron_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Feb 22 2002 - 09:54:21 EST

André Baron wrote:

>Smith, Bradley wrote:
>
>>This is Brad,
>>
>>An old time newtoneer, recently returned to the flock.
>>Can anyone point me to some instructions for connecting my 2100 to the
>>internet through my Windows 2000 box using the remote access serial
>>connection concept? There used to be a really good page on how to do it on
>>the net but all my google searches have failed me thus far.
>>
>>Best regards
>>Brad
>>

>Welcome back! What do you mean "remote access serial connection
>concept?" do you mean just regular serial or something more specific, if
>you mean just serial I can send you instructions that I posted to the
>list earler this week. (I knkow the more messages I send the higher in
>the stats I go, but I don't want to be annoying!) Feel free to email me
>privately.
>
>André

DOH Internet connection, hmmm I think I do really nee to get stronger
contacts, sorry. That said, the best connection I've found is through
an ethernet card to connect to a DHCP host. If you don't have access to
a highspeed network, or just want to set up your pc to be the only
comuter connected to the internet I'd look at getting an extra ethernet
card for it and settng up some sort of routing protocal/internet sharing
setup on your Win2k box.

Andre