Re: [NTLK] DataRescue problem

From: Loren Finkelstein (Loren_at_Finkelstein.Net)
Date: Fri Feb 22 2002 - 10:42:50 EST

If it's asking if he wants to mount the card, it sounds like the newton
thinks he is pressing down on the screen about a quarter inch in from the
left, in the middle. This is how you can insert a card, or boot up, without

Here are some things I would try, but there is risk involved, so be wary.

1. Turn the Newton off, insert the card, turn it on again.

2. Reset the newton. Insert the card before it reboots.

3. press down on different points in the screen. Anything to get it to
stop thinking you are pressing down on that one specific spot. Then insert
the card.

Good luck,
Loren