Re: [NTLK] Informed Designer v1.4.4

From: Grant [Mistaken] Hutchinson (grant_at_splorp.com)
Date: Fri Feb 22 2002 - 16:21:18 EST

In a previous message, Curtis E. Sayles typed vigorously:

>Could someone please direct me to a copy of Informed Designer v1.4.4?
>My literature indicates that it is the only version that works with
>Newton Filler.

I'm pretty sure that I have a registered copy of Informed Designer 1.4.x
stuffed away in the archives. I'll take a look and let you know.

>However, my copy (floppy disk) has become corrupted and contact with
>Shana Corp. (creator of the software) generated the "chicken watching
>a card trick" response. No one, knows anything, about anything
>concerning the Newton system.

You'll definitely find this kind of "response" with their sales and
support people. The problem is that they were all hired after the
cancellation of the Newton platform support. it's no wonder they're
clueless. However, I have an old friend at Shana who was on the original
programming team, and he is trying to persuade them to release the source
to their Newton client. Keep your fingers crossed.

In the meantime, I'll keep digging through my boxes of old software.

g.

Grant Hutchinson Interface Considerations & Toys

Live video served fresh since 1996. http://www.splorp.com/cam/
Now fortified with daily ramblings. http://www.splorp.com/blog/
Newton. It's the Palm with a brain. http://www.splorp.com/newton/