Re: [NTLK] Perfect switch for accelerated Newts!

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Feb 23 2002 - 03:04:18 EST

Sorry about that, just a little "hardware geek"
slipping out there. When you describe a switch, you
describe how many states it has (on/off, on/on, etc)
and how many legs (soldering points) it has. In this
case, it's an SPDT which stands for Single Pole (only
one bank, or one set of legs) Double Throw (means that
there is an "on" state in either direction. This means
that there is a single common that makes a connection
on either side.
Doing all this hardware hacking really brings back
memories of my building my first 8-bit computer! an
RCA Cosmac ELF! Nixie tubes anybody?
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- Robert Benschop <rbenschop_at_mac.com> wrote:

> on 23-02-2002 6:34, Ed Kummel at tech_ed_at_yahoo.com
> wrote:
>
> > Crack open the sealed case and sure enough, it's
> SPDT!
> > I'm going to perform the operation tonight (want
> the
> > ability to beam with fellow Newtoneers tomorrow)
> and
> > if everything goes smoothly, I should be able to
> > switch between speeds!
> > Wish me luck!
>

> Good luck Ed, but what does SPDT mean ?
>

> Robert Benschop