Re: [NTLK] more on $25 newts

From: Chris Myers (cmyers_at_plumbrook.com)
Date: Mon Feb 25 2002 - 08:25:47 EST

If you want to see suspicious, read their return policy. Even though
they say the Newtons appear to be okay, a quick read of the Sales
warranty policy says:

  "All products that are sold As-Is or without warranty are purchased at
the risk of the customer. We test all units and they are working or as
described in auction information. Under no circumstances will refunds or
replacements be given for non-working products that are sold without
warranty. If it does not state in the above auction description that
this item includes a warranty, then it does not. We are not responsible
for typographical errors and reserve the right to refuse any order for
any reason."

Notice that in the Newt description does not say they have a warranty.
So, just be aware because it looks like if you get a bad Newt, you will
be stuck with it. Check with them first before you buy, or buy with the
knowledge that these might not work.

Chris