Re: [NTLK] Backup via ethernet to Wintel?

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Mon Feb 25 2002 - 12:07:46 EST

On 25/02/02 11:57, "John Goggan" <jgoggan_at_dcg.com> wrote:

> Last I checked the FAQ, it said that there was basically no way to do
> ethernet-to-PC for package installs and backups (without using a MacOS
> emulator such as Basilisk II). These days, I use DIL Tester to send packages
> to my MP2100 from my Wintel box -- which the FAQ doesn't seem to mention. So,
> I thought I'd ask to verify that there is still no way to do a full backup via
> ethernet from a Windows box. Still can't be done? Or is there now some way
> to do it, but the FAQ that I'm reading is just outdated?

Unless I'm seriously mistaken, the DIL Tester allows only package
installation, the use of your PC keyboard on your Newton and I think that's
pretty much it. No backup or synchronization of any sort.

-Laurent.

fear and loathing n.: [from Hunter S. Thompson] A state inspired by the
prospect of dealing with certain real-world systems and standards that are
totally brain-damaged but ubiquitous -- Intel 8086s, or COBOL, or EBCDIC, or
any IBM machine bigger than a workstation. "Ack! They want PCs to be able to
talk to the AI machine. Fear and loathing time!"