Re: [NTLK] eMate power adaptor for an MP120

From: Russ Bravo (russbravo_at_lineone.net)
Date: Tue Feb 26 2002 - 03:23:47 EST

> From: Frank_Gruendel_at_t-online.de (Frank Gruendel)

> Subject: eMate power adaptor for an MP120
>
> The original eMate adapter is 9 watt. Generally you can power all Newtons
> with
> all Newton adapters ever built. If you power MP2000/2100/eMate with an older
> adapter, it'll take a bit longer to charge the batts.
>
> If your adapter won't power the 120, you might want to get a voltmeter and
> measure the voltage at the plug, it should be 7...7.5 volts.
>
> Frank
>
> Newton hardware and software at http://www.pda-soft.de

Thanks Frank. The adapter simply says Newton Power Adapter on it and is a 7
watt model, so far as I can see.

So far, I've only run my MP120 off ordinary batteries. I do have the
original Apple rechargeable battery pack (held together by the metallic
clip). How long should it take to recharge these, if the adapter is working?
And what should I see on screen, if anything?

At the moment, I get nothing on screen. And I've tried using the power
adapter with no batteries in the Newt, and with the rechargeables in.

No joy so far.

Russ