Re: [NTLK] Question... What do you use your newton for?

From: Loren Finkelstein (Loren_at_Finkelstein.Net)
Date: Tue Feb 26 2002 - 16:06:56 EST

On 2/26/02 2:28 PM, "Robert Benschop" <rbenschop_at_mac.com> wrote:

> on 26-02-2002 8:12, Laurent Daudelin at laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com
> wrote:
>
>> Not sure which version of GeekSafe Loren is using
> -snip-
>> Loren, if you're using 1.1, I hope you're doing export to the Notepad from
>> time to time, right?
>
> Laurent, are you telling us that making a backup of your Newt
> (including GeekSafe of course) isn't good enough ?

Backups are only good if you have a Newton to restore them to. Otherwise,
be sure to export your data into another format.

Years ago, I had a Sharp Wizard. It was stolen. I decided to get one of
those new fangled MP 130's to replace it, but there was nothing I could do
with my data, as it was just a sharp backup file. I had to get my hands on
another wizard to restore the backup, and then do an export to get the data
into a format that I could then import onto my Newton.

Moral of the story... Backups are only good if you can restore them. :-)

Exports can be universal.

Loren