Re: [NTLK] transporting your 2100

From: Michael Bain (UIDnt0102_at_macboy.homeip.net)
Date: Wed Feb 27 2002 - 02:00:23 EST

* Victor Rehorst <victor_at_newtontalk.net> [26 Feb 2002 06:33]:

> On Tue, 26 Feb 2002, David Caolo wrote:
>
> > So how do you carry your 2100 around? Mine is much to large to even fit
> > in my pants pockets (unless I'm wearing those cargo pants), so I'm
> > guessing a bag or backpack? That just seems like one (even larger) thing
> > to lug around. So, what do you do?
>
> 95% of the time, I carry my 2100 in my BurroPak pouch, which provides some
> padding, and I put that in my MEC Small Carry All bag, along with my
> CD/MP3 player, papers, everything else for school and such.

Same here, I bought a BurroPak "holster" with my Newt and have used it
ever since. I used to find the straps a little uncomfortable, but I
think I've finally (after 4 years!) gotten them set just right :-) My
girlfriend decided she liked the burropak too, but made her own, rather
than buying one. Hers is actually much more comfortable, since she made
it entirely out of denim, and dosen't have the uncomfortable elastic
straps mine has.

Most of the time I've got the burropak on I'm wearing a long sleeved
shirt, unbuttoned and not tucked in, to allow for easy access. I never
stop getting funny looks from people the first time I whip the newt out
in front of them, since the burropak is usually completely hidden. When
I wear one of my 'hoodie' sweatshirts with the kangaroo pouch pockets in
the front, I tend to keep my newt there. It's quite safe, but I tend to
grab onto it when dashing up stairs to class.

The one thing I have yet to attempt with my burropak is going through
airport security, and I'm not trying any time soon...

Mike

--
Michael Bain           | Newton 2100:
mike_at_macboy.homeip.net | 4 years at a standstill and still in the lead