Re: [NTLK] Avantgo (was: Lotus Notes (warning - long))

From: Jim Anderson (jiman_at_microsoft.com)
Date: Wed Feb 27 2002 - 13:46:21 EST

Andrew wrote:
> One of them is interesting: output as one html file. With=20
> this you can download a newssite in one go get one html file=20
> as output and download it to newtscape. This works reasonably=20
> well for some of the news-sites I like to read.=20

        Score! I think this ought to do it. Combining this with
NewtsCapes ability to run Newton script should give us our AvantGo. If
you create a web page that looks like this:

content=3D"GetRoot().|NewtsCape:NewtsCape|"getURL(&quot;http://where.your=
.
big.file.is/file.html&quot;, {loadImages: true, processOption: 5,
trustHTML: nil});">
</head><body><h1>Your daily books</h1></body></html>

        and turn on Newton Script compiling in NewtsCape, you can
process this page and end up with a book of your big news file (which
loads quickly). I think you can schedule this and have it create the
book for you in advance. I'll have to play with it tonight when I get
home...

Jim Anderson

Evil Overlord Rule 197:
I will explain to my Legions of Terror that guns are ranged weapons and
swords are not. Anyone who attempts to throw a sword at the hero or club
him with a gun will be summarily executed.