Re: [NTLK] How to remove ink from screen?

From: markmontoya_at_mindspring.com
Date: Thu Feb 28 2002 - 14:08:54 EST

>Let the list know what you finally found did it ok (and what did
>not!!) as others may have similar problems.
>Ben.

I successfully removed the ballpoint pen ink from all corners of my Newt screen. I used regular isopropyl rubbing alcohol and Q-tips.

I took the Newt apart and worked with the exposed screen. I DID NOT SOAK the Q-tip with alcohol, I put very little on the Q-tip. I scrubbed the ink mark gently in a small spot to initially test and immediately used the other clean-side of the Q-tip to remove any excess alcohol. I tested in spots before doing the whole Newt. Worked great! No damage to the Newt screen, no smokey/fogged spots on screen and last, but not least, no ink marks.

I now have a clean newt screen!

Much thanks to the list for any pointers.

Mark