Re: [NTLK] iWalk?

From: Hans Johnson (hjohnson_at_sfu.ca)
Date: Thu Jan 03 2002 - 14:36:15 EST

Hi

> - lines seem to wobble under the recognised text (but could this be the
> vidoe compression?)

However, when I took it apart frame by frame, the writing seemed to
dissapear behind the hand appropriately (ie in the out of focus fringe
around the hand. IIRC, this is one of the usual failings of chroma
keying. (Ie green/blue screening). If someone did this as a hoax, it's
a damned good one, worthy of some sort of award. :P However, I'm not
ready to give up my 2100 just yet. :)

However, I do have a harder time reconciling where the writing is
appearing on the screen, and where my mind thinks that the tip of the
stylus should be.

> - the stylus looks like a white mp2k pen, complete with little indent
> near
> the tip to hold it in the mp.

Well, if you do have a good design, why change it? :P

> and that power button would be a disaster --> on/off/on/off in your
> pocket
> all day.

I've heard rumours that the button is supposed to be a jog shuttle
thingy, like what you have on the iPod.

Oh well, lets hope that this is the rebirth of the Newton, but not hold
our breaths.

Peace,

Hans