[NTLK] Cell Phone Access...

From: Sushi (Sushi_at_ragingbull.com)
Date: Thu Jan 03 2002 - 22:34:11 EST

>On 1/4/02 @ 11:38 AM, Woo Lee wrote:
>
>IIRC sushi also gets NTLK on his cell in Japan. I wish
>I could do that. How's the speed? Memory hog? Maybe
>my T900...hmmm...

I connect at 9600 since I went with a cell phone.

A PHS will get you 34K, but the coverage area is much less.

There is a combination phone that will allow you to do both, but the cost
is quite a bit more. I decided to go with the coverage over the speed
due to my needs.

If I subscribed to the NTLK list with my DoCoMo address, I could receive
and send messages directly from the cell phone with no problems. Writing
messages is a bit slow due to the text entry methodology.

Reference using the Newt. I have a DoCoMo PC card that works great with
the Newt. It allows me to connect the DoCoMo cell phone to the Newt and
send and receive at 9600.

Right now I've been using another account (ISP) and accessing via Simple
Mail. I review the headers then select which messages to DL. It works
well. However, I use a desktop as my primary system for Email.

Sushi