Re: [NTLK] iWalk?

From: Sushi (Sushi_at_ragingbull.com)
Date: Fri Jan 04 2002 - 00:09:00 EST

>On 1/4/02 @ 1:42 PM, Mark Rollins wrote:
>
>But it's SOOOO unbelieveably elegant - the orientation
>of the Apple logo is the orientation of the screen.
>Watch it again.

No argument there.

I wonder what steps are required to rotate the screen, if it is real?

With the Newt, it's tap, tap. Simple.

>Without going into alot of detail, I had a tete-a-tete
>with our CO.'s head graphic designer. He's not wholly
>convinced it's real (no Apple logo on the bottom of the
>pen

Good point. Missed that one.

>and no one would have the pen come out the bottom,

Agree.

I can imagine the ease of which one would loose their pen.

Oh man, I just had a bad thought. How many of you use your Newts in the
bathroom?

Oops, there goes the pen right into the toilet...yuck!

Reminds me of the story where a fellow dropped a dime in a urinal. He
stood there for a while and looked at the situation. Then finally digged
in his pocket and dropped a nickel and another dime. Then he bent down
and pulled the change out of the urinal. Another fellow observing this
act, asked him why he did that. The fellow answered, for a dime no way,
but for 25 cents it's worth it! ;-)

>but look at the small Apple logo on the bag for heaven's
>sake!) But if it is real, we'll be at the Cambridge MA
>Apple store picking two up at about 12:40 EST this Monday.

It does look cool.

If it is real, I hope that it's priced right and not too expensive like
the original Newts.

Sushi