Re: [NTLK] Subject: Re: EZ2TV

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Fri Jan 04 2002 - 18:03:10 EST

On 04/01/02 22:47, "Robin Novlesky" <robin_gibson_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

> hey guys. I've just recently joined newtontalk, and the previous message in
> the string was the first message i got. I was pleased that i could use my
> EZ2TV card with my newton! I got the drivers and they work great wit my
> MP2000, and I was wondering, is there drivers so you can do general perpose
> stuff wit it? ( I.E. games, programming, Etc.) this is probobly a VERY nieve
> question for those ppl out there who are experts at every aspect of the
> newton. thnx

Hmmm, I'm not sure I understand the question. But, actually, you don't need
any driver to program the Newton or run games on it. You just install them
and use them.

-Laurent.

candygrammar n.: A programming-language grammar that is mostly syntactic
sugar; the term is also a play on `candygram'. COBOL, Apple's Hypertalk
language, and a lot of the so-called `4GL' database languages share this
property. The usual intent of such designs is that they be as English-like
as possible, on the theory that they will then be easier for unskilled
people to program. This intention comes to grief on the reality that syntax
isn't what makes programming hard; it's the mental effort and organization
required to specify an algorithm precisely that costs. Thus the invariable
result is that `candygrammar' languages are just as difficult to program in
as terser ones, and far more painful for the experienced hacker.