Re: [NTLK] [OT] Guess the product announcement!

From: Sushi (Sushi_at_ragingbull.com)
Date: Sat Jan 05 2002 - 11:19:50 EST

>On 1/6/02 @ 1:06 AM, Eric L. Strobel wrote:
>
>My point is that it would be no more bulky than a daytimer.
>Millions of folks already carry one of those around. Face
>it, unless you're a pixie, sprite, or other very tiny
>mythical creature, if it fits in a normal shirt pocket it's
>way too small to really write on. And once you give up the
>shirt pocket idea, you might as well go all the way up to
>the next popular size for a business artifact.

When I started using my Newt 2100 again, a few of the diehard PC folks
gave me a bad time about it's size. Sure it was bigger than a Palm or
Pocket PC. Those who knew that I used a Palm before where amazed that I
switched.

Then after going to a few meetings and only carrying my Newt (as in no
case, just the Newt) and taking notes, whatever, they didn't say much.
You see, most of them carry their Palms/Pocket PC's inside a daytimer
type case with paper, calendars/schedules.

When they saw that I needed none of that, and only carried my Newt, they
realized that I was the one with the small device in overall size in
actual use. Again, it all depends on what you are going to use your
device for. In some cases, the Palms are plenty and work great. In
others, a Newt is a much better solution.

Sushi