Re: [NTLK] iWalk is a good thing

From: aaron.hill_at_au.pwcglobal.com
Date: Sun Jan 06 2002 - 08:39:14 EST

> >On 1/6/02 @ 9:56 AM, Woo Lee wrote:
> >
> >Thanks to sushi's restroon ref., the new product will
> >be called 'iPea'... :-p
>
> Or maybe, the "iPoop", to signify high bandwidth capability! ;-)
>
> Check out the changes on www.spymac.com. The iWalk pictures have been
> pulled. There are some very interesting comments.
>
> Jesus, I sure wish tomorrow would get here!
>
> Reminds me of the Heinz 57 commercials and that darn anticipation song...
>
> Sushi

I'm in Sydney, Australia so the keynote starts at 4am my time. I think I'll
get up early and watch it live but I'll be doing it mostly to see what
exactly all the hype has been about - not necessarily to see the "iWalk".

As much as I'd like to see such a product and as much as I think Apple may
still put it together one-of-these-days I'm realistic enough to know it's
not healthy to watch the keynote expecting to see rumored products
released. I know a few rumor sites have got some good information in the
past but this isn't even close to always being the case and spymac.com
doesn't have much of a track record at all.

No doubt about it, it'll be interesting. I hope for Apples sake that there
is something more than just a LCD iMac behind it all and judging from their
web site comments there should be. Whether it's a camera, satelite network,
company buyout, wearable Mac or such only time will tell. But surely they'd
be running out of digital lifestyle products to consider before they start
thinking, "Just how small can we make a Mac?", again?

Aaron

.
computer.