Re: [NTLK] Product Announcement...

From: Mark Ross (markross13_at_home.com)
Date: Sun Jan 06 2002 - 12:09:14 EST

>>On 1/6/02 @ 2:49 PM, BK wrote:
>>
>>BTW, do you remember that StarTrek movie where they went
>>back in time to save the whales ? They needed to build a
>>container of transparent aluminium which had not been
>>invented yet and so they visited this factory where they
>>were to give the owner the formula. They said "may I use
>>your computer?" and there was this first generation Mac.
>>One of the guys took the mouse and talked into it
>>"Computer!" but there was no response and everybody found
>>this very odd. Then they spotted the keyboard and said
>>"Keyboard input, eh? - How old fashioned!"
>
>Yep!
>
>I've got it on LD -- one of my favorite movies.
>
>For some reason that scene just tickles the crap out of me.
>
>Also the one with Spock and Kirk in the pickup truck discussing what to
>eat with the lady.
>
>Sushi

When that movie came out, I was working at Rohm and Haas, the
manufacturer of Plexiglas. I called our trademark and patent folks to
complain that the name "Plexicorp" was too close to ours and Paramount
owed R&H a license fee. Of course, I said that if they gave us the
formula for transparent aluminum, we'd forget the whole thing!

Mark Ross
markross13_at_home.com