Re: [NTLK] One of the new MAC...

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jan 07 2002 - 00:47:13 EST

Uh, guys (and gals) This utopian view of the future
that $J has dictated to us "unwashed" masses is kinda
"Borg" like. Even more so than anything that Gates has
in mind for us...
This "Zen" ability of knowing "what to leave out" is
freaky and in a way, insulting.
iPhoto, iTunes, iWhatever as long as $J dictates it it
better...
What if I don't want to use $J's "iSomething" in order
to communicate with his new Digital Hub?
$J is back to his old tricks again. "You're free to do
what you want, as long as you do it the way I tell you
to" schtick! (remember his, freedom and the removal of
cursor keys?)
That's the beauty of the Wintel world. You have
freedom. If I don't want to use M$'s Media Player, I
can use some other. And it WILL WORK WITH ANY DIGITAL
HUB I CHOOSE!
ACDsee? Sure! My favorite image cataloger is
ImageEngine. It creates catalogs that can be viewed
via an embedded viewer, your existing viewer, or even
a web browser...
Sure, iDVD and iMovie comes free with the Mac, but if
you go with a different product, will it work with
$J's vision of Apple's Digital Hub? Doubtfull!
If you want a "digital hub" stay away from proprietary
vendor specific Ricoh sells an awsome digital camera
that you set up with an IP!
Bluetooth is finally taking off!
Do you want $J's proprietary digital hub? Or an
industry standard that is to become BlueTooth?

Sheesh! I can't believe that $J is going to get away
with this yet again!
Ed
web/gadget guru!

--- Luigi Giovanetti <loug_at_gftech.com> wrote:

> Hurry before they pull the site down...
>

> http://www.timecanada.com/

=====
- The Powerpuff Girls -