Re: [NTLK] [OT] Bigger than iWalk

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jan 07 2002 - 15:22:55 EST

Wow! This sounds like my Wintel machines!
I've got a bunch of IIS servers that I own that
average over 4,000 hours. (that's almost 6 months of
up-time)
Plus at work, I've got thousands of servers serving
tens of thousands of web pages and they don't crash
either! In fact, most of these servers have an average
uptime of over 3,000 hours!
My Newton crashes with a '61 error more often than my
?Wintel servers do. (our servers have 20 virtuals on
them serving MSSQL, Cold Fusion and ASP as well as
static pages)

<snip>

> Actually the only thing where the Macintoshes that
> I've owned closely
> resemble my Newtons in their behavior is that they
> both very rarely crash
> but if they do it's generally internet related.
>

> Robert Benschop

=====
- The Powerpuff Girls -