Re: [NTLK] Error -10011

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.rr.com)
Date: Tue Jan 08 2002 - 01:58:40 EST

on 08/01/02 00:28, Ed Kummel at tech_ed_at_yahoo.com wrote:

> Your best bet is to restart your Newt with the
> extensions off. Hit the restart button and hold your
> stylus on the display about 1/4 inch from the bottom
> left edge of the screen. and say that you don't want
> to load any of the packages from the internal store
> (make sure you don't have a mem card installed
> either.)
> Then you can delete anything you want!
> Ed
> web/gadget guru
> --- Gerry <gemcquain_at_mac.com> wrote:
>>
>> I can't open my extensions. Get an error message
>> -10011. Everything else
>> (Apps, Books, Games, etc) open with no problem. I
>> have a hunch I know which
>> extension is giving me the problem. Does anyone know
>> how I can delete it
>> without the Extension Drawer opening up?
>>
>> thanx... Gerry

An if that wouldn't work, I believe you could use something like SBM
Utilities to delete those packages.

-Laurent.

C++ /C'-pluhs-pluhs/ n.: Designed by Bjarne Stroustrup of AT&T Bell Labs as a successor to C. Now one of the languages of choice, although many hackers still grumble that it is the successor to either Algol 68 or Ada (depending on generation), and a prime example of second-system effect. Almost anything that can be done in any language can be done in C++, but it requires a language lawyer to know what is and what is not legal-- the design is almost too large to hold in even hackers' heads. Much of the cruft results from C++'s attempt to be backward compatible with C. Stroustrup himself has said in his retrospective book "The Design and Evolution of C++" (p. 207), "Within C++, there is a much smaller and cleaner language struggling to get out." [Many hackers would now add "Yes, and it's called Java" --ESR]