[NTLK] NUGWash meeting

From: Mike O'Brien (obrien_at_leonardo.net)
Date: Tue Jan 08 2002 - 05:40:58 EST

Ed sez:

> I'm in...Perhaps we can do something similar to LANug
> does. Either at a local eating establishment (like a
> fridays or a Dennys) or the mall at the Apple Store
> until they close (never been there myself...)

        Actually, LANUG has two meeting types. A Type I meeting is
where we meet somewhere commercial - usually an Apple store - until
they throw us out, then go to a nearby 24-hour eatery and take Newtons
apart on the table until about 1 or 2 am.

        A Type II meeting is where we all go to someone's house - usually
Eleu's - run a pot-luck dinner and take Newtons apart on the floor until
1 or 2 am.

        As meetings go, they're somewhat...ummm...disorganized. As
geek-out social occasions go, and as priceless information exchanges go,
they totally rock out.

Mike O'Brien