Re: [NTLK] [OT] The Myth of Japanese phones

From: Sushi (Sushi_at_ragingbull.com)
Date: Wed Jan 09 2002 - 17:13:08 EST

BK (And Oliver)

>On 1/9/02 @ 10:34 AM, Sushi wrote:
>
>On long train rides, the FOMA phones give you something to do such as
>browsing the internet.
>
>For example, I ride into Tokyo for a business meeting on Monday nights.
>The train ride takes about 90 minutes each way. I can browse the net, do
>banking, catch up on news and do some short Emails. The one handed
>operation of my phone allows me to do this standing up or sitting down.
>Very convenient use of my time.

Just to be clear here, I do not have a FOMA phone at this time.

I have a cell phone as it fits my needs better at this time. I use it as
stated above -- it's just slow -- almost anywhere in Japan.

However, if I commuted to Tokyo everyday, I would definitely get a FOMA
phone for the speed and other benefits.

One nice benefit of my current cell phone, is that I can connect my Newt
to it and do wireless if you will.

I have a DoCoMo PC card that connects via a cable to my cell phone. It
works great. So if I am in the writing mode, and have a seat, many times
I will write messages on my Newt, then send them via DoCoMo.

BTW, simple mail on a Newt is a whole lot easier and faster to use than
the cell phone for creating messages.

Sushi