Re: [NTLK] TechTool for 2100?

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jan 09 2002 - 23:28:50 EST

I use two tools to test Newtons.
One is Gestalt (v0.2...sorry, there is no "About" for
this) that gives you information like:
Machine type (I get a bunch of numbers)
ROMStage (again, some numbers that I don't know what
they mean)
ROMVersion (more nonsensical numbers)
RAMSize (I know what these numbers mean)
Screenwidth
screenheight
screenresolution x, y and depth
PatchVersion (just a number)
Tableresolution x, and y (again, more unknown numbers)
and finally the ROMversionstring!
Then there is a button for importing to notepad.

The second utility I use (more often than the one
above) is called:
LCD Check (the version I have is 0.1.2 from
tmurai_at_mars.dtinet.or.jp)
What this does is cause every pixel on the screen to
turn dark, then light (on or off) to help you identify
bad pixels.
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- Laurent Daudelin <laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com>

<http://www.logictools.de/newton/english/index.html>.

> -Laurent.
> --

> Laurent Daudelin Developer,
> Multifamily, ESO, Fannie Mae
> mailto:Laurent_Daudelin_at_fanniemae.com
> Washington, DC, USA

=====
- The Powerpuff Girls -