[NTLK] iWalk/iPad

From: Stephen Jendraszak (stevehj_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Jan 10 2002 - 09:47:47 EST

As much as I would like to think that Apple is working on a new PDA, I
don't think they are. (The iWalk still seems to be a hoax to me... look
at the interface. Webbrowser? Organiser? I don't think so. A prototype
would still have correct spelling and American usage.) Apple sees PDAs
and handheld organizers: datebooks and addressbooks. The Palm, in there
view, accomplishes these functions very well. So what can Apple add? On
the other hand, I think Apple will continue to make handheld media
devices, like the iPod. These could range from digital cameras with a
built-in iPhoto Lite to a portable, tablet sized iMovie studio. Apple
may make more handhelds, but I doubt they will ever make a true PDA
again.

http://homepage.mac.com/stevehj