Re: [NTLK] Newton's Apple

From: Jesse Garnier (lists_at_stonehopper.com)
Date: Thu Jan 10 2002 - 23:09:47 EST

Chris Myers wrote not long ago (1/10/02 8:09 PM):

> I think it is amazing how much Newton and its design has influenced
> today's Apple.

Well said. Another contemporary example is the puff of smoke (from the
Newton) in OS X when you remove an item from the dock.

The translucency, the unorthodox shape, and the small-letter-first name of
the eMate have appeared to evolve into the original iMac and the original
iBook, and now beyond.

Of course, I'd be very curious to see Ive's Newton 2002 iDeas...

--Jesse