Re: [NTLK] Taking Notes on MP2000/2100?

From: Rhonda Hyslop (rhonda_at_paradox.null)
Date: Fri Jan 11 2002 - 12:55:48 EST

On Fri, 11 Jan 2002, Victor Rehorst wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Jan 2002, Samuel Jacobson wrote:
>
> > As such I was wondering what others were using to take and store/organize
> > their notes.
>
> I just use plain ol' Notes. I make a folder for every semester, and then
> for every lecture I create a new note and add the course name in the
> title, keeping the already-generated date. This might start getting hairy
> for me though, as I'm keeping notes for four out of six of my class on
> there...

I use 'more folders' (I think that's the one) to give me sub-folders -
then I make one folder for each class, which makes for much easier
browsing of notes after they're written, without making my folder list
insanely long. I managed with 8 classes last term. (Actually, I don't
know if I'd have been able to manage without my newton last term)

For cross-referencing, I used MoreInfo's link feature.

Once I taught my newton the jargon, I've never had any problem, and have
taken all my class notes since I bought the thing in spring '98. (And
I've been told by several classmates that I should be a newton sales rep,
because I get them all excited about it by showing them what it can do and
raving about how useful it is.)

-Rhonda

--
www.write-on.indy || write-on.homeip.net \/  http://history.ubcengineers.ca/
  Discuss the art and craft of writing   /\   UBC Engineers History Project