Re: [NTLK] Taking Notes on MP2000/2100?

From: Jim Anderson (jiman_at_microsoft.com)
Date: Fri Jan 11 2002 - 14:46:56 EST

Samuel wrote:
> I started out using HyperNewt but ran into problems having=20
> notes, from different folder and even categories, come up=20
> when I select a note. For example if I have 5 categories=20
> under science (which is listed under the Root directory), all=20
> with some notes in them, and I select one note from just one=20
> of those 5 categories I end up being able to see ALL notes=20
> that I have stored in all of HyperNewt, not just in that one=20
> folder (I only want to see the one note I am selecting for).=20
> Do you have this problem? If so have you found a way around=20
> it as this problem seems to defeat the point of the=20
> hierarchical filing system.

        That's strange. I've never seen this behavior before. I keep the
folders tab on "all items", and use the HyperNewt directories to
organize things, and I don't see any crossover like this. Unless you're
talking about seeing all the notes in that directory in a single "note
roll". But that's straight Notes behavior, anyway...

Jim Anderson

Evil Overlord Rule 98:
If an attractive young couple enters my realm, I will carefully monitor
their activities. If I find they are happy and affectionate, I will
ignore them. However if circumstance have forced them together against
their will and they spend all their time bickering and criticizing each
other except during the intermittent occasions when they are saving each
others' lives at which point there are hints of sexual tension, I will
immediately order their execution.