Re: [NTLK] NTK on a g4?

From: Michael J. Hußmann (michael_at_michael-hussmann.de)
Date: Sat Jan 12 2002 - 06:39:52 EST

Dustin Long (dlong_at_tamu.edu) wrote:

> Has anyone had luck using NTK on a "new world" machine?

Hadn't you asked the very same question, just two days ago? I'm positive
I replied to that immediately. Here's my reply again:

Dustin Long (dlong_at_tamu.edu) wrote:

> When I double-click on the Newton Toolkit application, which purports to
> be v. 1.6.4, I get the very beginning of what appears to be a splash
> screen and then "Could not start the application because of some unknown
> error. <OK>"

You need a serial port. Of course, if you intend to use ethernet for
uploading packages to the Newton, you don't really need it, but NTK isn't
happy without some kind of serial port being available. If the Internal
V.90 modem extension is installed (and you have the internal modem), NTK
will accept that. You can then select AppleTalk in NTK's preferences so
that it will never attempt to actually use the modem.

- Michael

Michael J. Hussmann

E-mail: michael_at_michael-hussmann.de
WWW: http://michael-hussmann.de