Re: [NTLK] Re - Strength in numbers

From: David Golden (ikondave_at_charter.net)
Date: Sat Jan 12 2002 - 13:22:00 EST

on 1/12/02 12:03 PM, doppler at doppler_at_mac.com wrote:

> Frank Gruendel [Frank_Gruendel_at_t-online.de] wrote the following 2002-01-12
> 15.35:
>
>> Assuming that 20 qualified engineers would manage to develop both hardware
>> and software for the new PDA within a year (which I strongly doubt),
>> developing this beast would set the company back
>> around 4 million bucks.
>
> start-ups are about risktaking, also when it comes to employees. i think it
> would be possible to attract engineers as stock owners in the new company,
> dont you?
>

> doppler
> ---------------------------
> mailto: doppler_at_mac.com
> phone: +46 (0) 8 242 606
> cell: +46 (0) 709 10 35 51
> web: www.pixell.net/doppler
> icq user number: 3698764

Hi there -

Sadly, I think that the overall retraction of tech companies, and the fact
that there are so many other heavy hitters already actively developing and
marketing PDAs, that there is very little room for any new start up
ventures. Also, I firmly believe that it is very difficult to find skilled,
qualified individuals who would have any interest in sweat equity
propositions. I would suggest that a better approach might be to select one
or two current manufacturers to see if there might be some interest in
modifications of existing systems.

Dave