Re: [NTLK] Simple Mail Problem

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Jan 12 2002 - 17:37:33 EST

OK, I hate to nit-pik, and perhaps point out the
obvious...but when talking about URLs and IPs, the
phrase "something like that" doesn't really cut it! In
this case you state that the IP address that cannot be
resolve is "stmp.mac.com" Well, that's wrong! If you
fat-fingered the URL, then you, of couse, will not get
resolution. Make sure that the SMTP is set to
"SMTP.MAC.COM" , not "STMP" This is VERY VERY
important! If you have it the way you wrote, then it
will fail.
In network configurations, accuracy is paramount!
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- Philip Katz <pkatt_at_mac.com> wrote:

> I installed Simple Mail, as a few of you suggested.
> I set it up in
> accordance to the help file. I wrote a message.
> Said send. It connected,
> but when It came time for it to transfer it, it said
> couldn't resolve ip
> address stmp.mac.com or something like that. Anyone
> knows why that happens.
> I'm sure I have everything in right.

=====
- The Powerpuff Girls -