Re: [NTLK] The $150 NEWTS VERY IMPORTANT

From: Cees witsen (cees_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Jan 14 2002 - 13:33:30 EST

Hello fellow members.

A bit of mail from Jerry Brown he has asked me to pass on to you, I
include it in its entirety.

Cheers
Cees

BTW I have not been able to come to a satisfactory arrangement with
my import/export friends, it's just not cost effective, sorry.

G-Day Cees! Please forward to the
Newton Talk Group - Thanks

Please be advised: We have made available several hundreds of the
Newton 2100's at the "Special" Price of $150 U.S. Dollars to your
Group. Your Group has done a "Great "Job in purchasing these Units
and with the exception of Foreign Order's to which several problems
have occurred. We have either given answers to individuals or tried
our best to send you a Newton.

Unfortunately, we have "Not" been able to solve the problem with
Foreign Shipments. We thought we had an answer by having someone in
the United States use their address - but then the Credit Card
Company needs an address in the United States for Billing
Verification! Also, we have been sold out of our Single Units for
several days - and have opened a couple of the bulk packages just to
accommodate the demand. Please be patient with us in "Not" answering
your questions getting back to you concerning inventory and shipment.
We are being overwhelmed with calls from Newton Group Members or
Recyclers List potential customers.

It is therefore "Not" our intent to stop anyone from purchasing a
Newton 2100! If possible - we will open more "Bulk" Bundles but ask
that you help us by purchasing these units in the smallest Bulk
package of (10) Units. If you have any solutions to the Foreign
Shipment Situations, please feel free in sending me an email with the
details.

Many Thanks,

Jerry - Sales Department