Re: [NTLK] my first Newton question in 5 years....

From: Brian (bmcewen_at_mediaone.net)
Date: Mon Jan 14 2002 - 14:27:11 EST

>I was trying to set up EnRoute to access my mac.com account, but it needs
>SMTP authentication to send (receive is ok). I can't see anyway to set
>this.... Is it possible, or should I use a different client, or should I
>concludethat mac.com is Netwon-hostile ?

Enroute is not the mail transport of choice at this point; there's a GREAT
freeware mail transport called Simplemail that supports SMTP/POP3 with
authentication, and also does IMAP. Filtering of messages and a couple
other features are present as well.

There were posts here about 2 days ago about using Simplemail with Mac.com
in both POP3 and IMAP modes. It does work.

Simplemail is highly recommended.

See <http://ds.dial.pipex.com/simple/>

Brian