[NTLK] Re - Power adapters

From: Frank Gruendel (Frank_Gruendel_at_t-online.de)
Date: Mon Jan 14 2002 - 17:35:19 EST

>We just bought our son an eMate that came with one of those so called
>universal power adapters. The back of the package says no PDAs, but it does
>have a 9v setting. How can I determine for sure if it is safe to use?

You needn't determine this, 9 volts is HIGHLY UNSURE. Everything higher
than 7.5 volts is tempting fate. Apart from that, the so-called universal
adapters are frequently un-regulated which means that the voltage is
MUCH higher when little current is drawn.

Frank

Newton software and hardware stuff at www.pda-soft.de

...just in case you decide to give it a try anyway: I'd be interested in
buying the corpse ;-))